Jerome, AZ – Puscifer bring their unique theater-meets-concert experience to stages nationwide this summer as the Arizona-born outfit featuring Maynard James Keenan, Mat Mitchell, and Carina Round tour in support of their highly-regarded 2020 album, Existential Reckoning (Alchemy Recordings/Puscifer Entertainment/BMG).
The dates, which kick off June 9 at The Smith Center in Las Vegas, include the group’s largest scale performances to date with shows slated for Los Angeles’ venerable Greek Theatre (site of Keenan’s one-time-only Cinquanta mini festival), Brooklyn’s movie palace-turned-concert-hall Kings Theater and the state-of-the-art Mission Ballroom in Denver.
Watch the tour announcement here:
Agent Dick Merkin Issues Live Report
Over the years, Puscifer tours have traversed the Arizona desert, explored the barn dances of the American South, and tapped into the technicolor world of the Lucha libre. With Existential Reckoning the Pusciverse expanded into the cosmos. A taste of the live outing was hinted at with the ground-breaking and bedazzling “Existential Reckoning: Live at Arcosanti” livestream event. An on-demand/VOD version of the concert film and its accompanying soundtrack were released in November 2021, with physical versions of the soundtrack and film (vinyl and VHS) available via retailers on Feb. 25 here.
Puscifer TV is the online repository for all things Puscifer including the aforementioned “Existential Reckoning: Live at Arcosanti,” as well as “Billy D and The Hall of Feathered Serpents Featuring Money $hot by Puscifer,” “What Is… Puscifer,” and “A Curmudgeon’s Guide to Divine Collisions and Pythagorean Oenology.”
Existential Reckoning tour dates:
- June 9 Las Vegas, NV The Smith Center – Reynolds Hall
- June 11 Phoenix, AZ Arizona Federal Theatre
- June 12 Los Angeles, CA The Greek Theatre
- June 14 Albuquerque, NM Kiva Auditorium
- June 15 Austin, TX Bass Concert Hall
- June 16 Dallas, TX McFarlin Memorial Auditorium
- June 19 Manchester, TN Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
- June 21 Atlanta, GA Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
- June 22 Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center
- June 24 Philadelphia, PA The Metropolitan Opera House
- June 25 Brooklyn, NY Kings Theatre
- June 26 Wallingford, CT Toyota Oakdale Theatre
- June 28 Boston, MA House of Blues
- June 29 Pittsburgh, PA Stage AE
- July 1 Rochester Hills, MI Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Pavilion)
- July 2 Chicago, IL The Chicago Theatre
- July 3 St. Paul, MN Palace Theatre
- July 5 Omaha, NE The Admiral
- July 6 Denver, CO The Mission Ballroom
- July 7 Salt Lake City, UT Eccles Theater – Delta Performance Hall
- July 9 Portland, OR The Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- July 10 Seattle, WA McCaw Hall
Tickets are on-sale this Friday at 10 am local time with VIP package details to be made available in the coming days. Moodie Black open on all headlining dates.
Born somewhere in the Arizona desert, Puscifer is an electro-rock band, multimedia experience, traveling circus, and alien abduction survivors. The group’s catalog consists of four full-length studio albums: “V” is for Vagina , Conditions of My Parole , Money Shot , and Existential Reckoning (2020) — in addition to a series of EPs and remixes.
Beyond the core trio of Maynard James Keenan [vocals], Mat Mitchell [guitar, production], and Carina Round [vocals, songwriting], the group’s ever-evolving ecosystem encompasses Greg Edwards (bass, guitar, keys), Gunnar Olsen (drums), as well as a cast of characters such as Billy D and his wife Hildy Berger, Major Douche, Special Agent Dick Merkin, and many more. Meanwhile, the moniker’s origins can be traced to a 1995 episode of the HBO classic Mr. Show where Keenan first used the name “Puscifer.”
In addition to tallying tens of millions of streams and views, they’ve piqued the curiosity of the press. Entertainment Weekly christened them, “Exceptionally groovy,” and Revolver fittingly described them as “indescribable.” Renowned for an immersive live show, the group’s performances blur the lines between concert and theater, traversing the dusty American Southwest with Billy D and Hildy or the sweaty squared circle with Luchadores.
They’ve brought their unique live experience to life everywhere from Coachella to Bonnaroo. On their 2020 debut for Alchemy Recordings/Puscifer Entertainment/BMG entitled Existential Reckoning, Puscifer track Billy D back to the desert and, just maybe, uncover the truth about aliens once and for all.
Featured photo (top) by Travis Shinn