Los Angeles – Tool celebrates their third consecutive #1 debut on Billboard’s Top 200, with Fear Inoculum (RCA Records) reigning over the U.S. sales charts, selling 270,000 units.
The news of Fear Inoculum’s impressive debut comes amidst news stories of the album release being met by lengthy lines at retailers as music lovers clamored to get a copy of the limited edition, physical version of the CD. The spectacular, groundbreaking packaging boasts a 4” HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, charging cable, 2 watt speaker, a 36-page booklet and a digital download card.
The Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) released a rare statement, describing the event-like album release: “Several stores had well-attended midnight sales on Thursday (it was my store’s first midnight sale in 10 years). When we returned to work on Friday morning, there were lines at the door… the Tool release was the biggest thing to hit retail in years.”
The success wasn’t isolated to the U.S., with the album debuting at #1 in Australia, Norway, New Zealand, and Belgium, as well as Top 5 debuts in the UK, Germany, The Netherlands, Ireland, Italy and Finland.
Critically, the album was met with equal enthusiasm. NPR proclaimed “Fear Inoculum was worth the 13-year wait,” NME awarded the 10-track offering a perfect 5 star score, The Atlantic dubbed it “precise and devastating,” Revolver declared it “a masterpiece that will be dissected for years to come” and Entertainment Weekly said the collection is “deeply satisfying, both as a distinct artistic statement and as accidental fan service to a base that expects nothing less than unflinchingly unique artistic statements.”
News of the Fear Inoculum’s impressive debut follows the announcement of Tool’s first North American tour in support of the album.
Tool North American Tour Dates:
- October 13 Sacramento, CA Aftershock Festival
- October 15 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
- October 16 Denver, CO Pepsi Center
- October 18 Salt Lake City, UT Vivint Smart Home Arena
- October 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 21 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center
- October 23 Glendale, AZ Gila River Arena
- October 25 San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
- October 27 Houston, TX Toyota Center
- October 29 Tulsa, OK BOK Center
- October 31 Milwaukee, WI Fiserv Forum
- November 2 Indianapolis, IN Banker’s Life Fieldhouse
- November 3 Chicago, IL United Center
- November 5 Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena
- November 6 Cleveland, OH Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse
- November 8 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena
- November 9 Detroit, MI Little Caesars Arena
- November 11 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 12 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
- November 14 Boston, MA TD Garden
- November 16 Newark, NJ Prudential Center
- November 18 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center
- November 19 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
- November 21 Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun Casino Arena
- November 22 Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall
- November 24 Raleigh, NC PNC Arena
- November 25 Washington, DC Capitol One Arena
Tool formed in 1990, releasing four multi-platinum studio albums: Undertow (1993), Ænima (1996), Lateralus (2001) and 10,000 Days (2006); two EPs: 72826 (1991) and Opiate (1992) and the limited-edition boxset Salival (2000). The band has won three GRAMMY Awards®: Best Metal Performance (1998, “Ænima”), Best Metal Performance (2002, “Schism”) and Best Recording Package (2007, 10,000 Days).
Danny Carey (drums)
Justin Chancellor (bass)
Adam Jones (guitar)
Maynard James Keenan (vocals)
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram