LOS ANGELES – TOOL has won a GRAMMY Award® for Best Metal Performance (“7empest”). Danny Carey (drums) and Justin Chancellor (bass) accepted the awards at today’s Premiere Ceremony in Los Angeles.
“7empest” is from the band’s fifth studio album: Fear Inocolum (RCA Records). The 10-song collection arrived in late August, debuting at #1 on Billboard’s Top 200.
Critically, the album was met with equal enthusiasm. NPR said “Fear Inoculum was worth the 13-year wait,” The Atlantic dubbed it “precise and devastating,” Revolver declared it “a masterpiece that will be dissected for years to come” and Entertainment Weekly said the collection is “deeply satisfying, both as a distinct artistic statement and as accidental fan service to a base that expects nothing less than unflinchingly unique artistic statements.”
The Los Angeles-based band has previously won three GRAMMY Awards®: Best Metal Performance (1998, “Ænima”), Best Metal Performance (2002, “Schism”) and Best Recording Package (2007, 10,000 Days).
TOOL Tour Dates:
- January 28 Atlanta, GA State Farm Arena
- January 29 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena
- January 31 Memphis, TN FedEx Forum
- February 1 New Orleans, LA Smoothie King Center
- February 14 Perth, Australia RAC Arena
- February 17 Sydney, Australia Qudos Bank Arena
- February 18 Sydney, Australia Qudos Bank Arena
- February 20 Brisbane, Australia Brisbane Entertainment Centre
- February 22 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
- February 23 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
- February 28 Auckland, New Zealand Spark Arena
- February 29 Auckland, New Zealand Spark Arena
- March 9 Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
- March 11 Portland, OR Moda Center
- March 12 Eugene, OR Matthew Knight Center
- March 14 Boise, ID Ford Idaho Center Arena
Featured photo (top) by Travis Shinn