Los Angeles, CA — California’s own Hollywood Undead have released their much-anticipated sixth full-length studio album, New Empire, Vol. 1, today via Dove & Grenade Media / BMG. In support of the New Empire, Vol. 1, the band will be touring the US and Europe — a full touring itinerary can be found below.
New Empire, Vol. 1 – Official Track Listing
- Time Bomb
- Heart of a Champion
- Already Dead
- Killin It
- Upside Down
- Second Chances
The record was produced by Matt Good (Sleeping With Sirens, Asking Alexandria) and features nine fiery, high-energy tracks that reveal the band growing up and embracing a heavier, hard-rock sound with this effort, not to mention sharpening their signature sound to knifepoint precision. Fans may also recognize guest vocals from Kellin Quinn (Sleeping With Sirens) on “Upside Down,” and Good Charlotte’s Benji Madden on “Second Chances.” The LP is available to stream and download on all digital service providers here.
“To be blunt, this album is our attempt at reimagining Hollywood Undead, not just a new sound for this release, but a new sound for the band altogether. Our goal from the outset was to make music that stands alone from our other albums, yet seamlessly fits with what we’ve made before. Building upon the old to create a new sound and a ‘New Empire’,” explains Johnny 3 Tears (vocals, bass guitar).
Watch “Empire” from New Empire, Vol. 1 here:
“This was a fresh canvas, and we approached [the album] as if it was the first time we sat in a room to write music together. After 15 years, that’s difficult to do, but it was our goal, nonetheless. For reinvention, you have to be honest with yourself and honest with the listeners. New Empire, Vol. 1 was our opportunity to disregard expectations and say, ‘F*ck everything we’ve done. Let’s pretend we’ve never made a record before and do something different,’” he adds.
Watch the visualizer for “Heart Of A Champion” from New Empire, Vol.1 here:
U.S. Co-headliner with Bad Wolves Begins in May – Tickets on Sale Today
In support of New Empire, Vol. 1, Hollywood Undead will be teaming up with Bad Wolves for an extensive co-headline tour of the U.S. this spring. Bad Wolves will be touring in celebration of their sophomore LP, N.A.T.I.O.N, which produced the band’s current single, “Killing Me Slowly,” that recently hit the very top of the Active Rock radio charts, marking their fourth consecutive #1 song at the format. The slew of dates runs throughout May with stops in cities along the East Coast, Midwest, and Southern regions of the country. From Ashes To New and Fire From The Gods will provide direct support for select shows. The general public on-sale begins today, with tickets available for purchase on Hollywood Undead’s official website here. Hollywood Undead will also hit the festival circuit in the U.S. later this year, with performances confirmed at Epicenter (Charlotte, NC), Welcome To Rockville (Daytona, FL), Rocklahoma (Pryor, OK), Inkcarceration (Mansfield, OH), and Rock Fest (Cadott, WI).
“We’re looking forward to this spring run with Bad Wolves. It’s been inspiring watching them evolve musically since the last tour, and we can’t wait to get back at it,” says Johnny 3 Tears.
European Tour Kicks off This Evening in London, Followed by 20+ Co-headline Shows with Papa Roach
Hollywood Undead will also embark on their massive European tour today, which includes 20+ co-headline dates with Papa Roach and a solo headline show in London, U.K. this evening.
Hollywood Undead 2020 Tour Dates
- 2/14 – London, U.K. @ O2 Forum Kentish Town
- 2/16 – Barcelona, Spain @ Razzmatazz *
- 2/17 – Madrid, Spain @ Sala Riviera *
- 2/20 – Milan, Italy @ Alcatraz *
- 2/21 – Zurich, Switzerland @ Halle 622 *
- 2/22 – Offenbach, Germany @ Shadhalle *
- 2/24 – Munich, Germany @ Zenith *
- 2/25 – Wien, Austria @ Gasometer *
- 2/28 – Thessaloniki, Greece @ Principal Club Theatre *
- 2/29 – Athens, Greece @ Piraeus Academy 117 *
- 3/2 – Sofia, Bulgaria @ Universiada Hall *
- 3/3 – Bucharest, Romania @ Arenele Romane *
- 3/4 – Budapest, Hungary @ Papp Laszlo Budapest Sportarena *
- 3/6 – Bratislava III, Slovakia @ Eurovia Arena *
- 3/7 – Poznan, Poland @ MTP2 *
- 3/9 – Berlin, Germany @ Verti Music Hall *
- 3/10 – Leipzig, Germany @ Haus Auensse *
- 3/11 – Hannover, Germany @ Swiss Life Hall *
- 3/13 – Paris, France @ Zenith Paris – La Villette *
- 3/14 – Tilburg, Netherlands @ 013 Poppodium *
- 3/16 – Dusseldorf, Germany @ Mitsubishi Electric Halle *
- 3/17 – Hamburg, Germany @ Barclaycard Arena *
- 3/18 – Copenhagen, Denmark @ VEGA *
- 5/3 – Charlotte, NC @ Epicenter Festival ^^
- 5/5 – Ft. Wayne, IN @ The Clyde Theatre ^
- 5/7 – Chattanooga, TN @ The Signal ^
- 5/8 – Huntsville, AL @ Mars Music Hall ^
- 5/9 – Daytona, FL @ Welcome To Rockville ^^
- 5/12 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave ^
- 5/13 – Grand Rapids, MI @ Monroe Live ^
- 5/15 – Kansas City, MO @ Grinders at Crossroads (KQRC Show) ^
- 5/17 – Denver, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre (KBPI’s Birthday Bash) # ^^
- 5/19 – Sioux Falls, ID @ The District ^
- 5/20 – Cedar Rapids, IA @ U.S. Cellular Center ^
- 5/22 – Pryor, OK @ Rocklahoma ^^
- 5/23 – Dallas, TX @ House of Blues ^
- 5/24 – Wichita, KS @ Cotillion ^
- 7/19 – Mansfield, OH @ Inkcarceration Music & Tattoo Festival
- 7/16 – Cadott, WI @ Rock Fest
* w/ Papa Roach
^ w/ Bad Wolves
^^ w/o From Ashes To New and Fire From The Gods
# w/ In This Moment and Black Veil Brides
Hollywood Undead is on the ascent in 2020, with more music to be released later this year and even more surprises for their fans in-store. Keep up with the band on their social platforms, and stay tuned for additional announcements to come.
Hollywood Undead Music Videos
Hollywood Undead Online
Featured photo (top) by Darren Craig